Snapchat is a growing social media platform that is starting to be adopted by businesses as one of their go-to social media platforms world wide.
It can be used for creative marketing campaigns to help increase brand awareness and is a valuable tool for giving your fans a behind the scenes look at your company, in an authentic and accessible way. Snapchat allows your audience to feel like they’re a part of what your company does, providing that up close and personal feel.
If you are wondering whether or not Snapchat is a good platform for you to adopt into your company’s social media landscape, here are some stats for you from Snapchat Ads to help.
– Currently over 100 Million daily active Snapchatters and growing.
– 8 + Billion video views every day on Snapchat.
– Snapchat is considered the best way to reach 13-34 year-olds.
– In Australia, there is currently over 3.068 million users as of February 2016.
It can be daunting bringing yet another social media platform into your marketing plan, however, it’s important to remember that Snapchat is just another platform to get your message out there. The key principles don’t change. Continue to make sure your posts are either educational, inspirational or entertaining for your audience.
Here are my three quick tips to help get you on your way to growing a Snapchat following for your business:
1. Follow people or brands. There is a website called Snapchat.codes where you can preview a user and scan their “Snapcode”. You can also download an app called Story Star which allows you to view another Snapper’s stories before you add them.
2 . Re-share your Snapchats and Snap Stories on other social media sites like FB, Instagram and Twitter, increasing the reach and also growing your brand awareness.
3. Participate in influencer’s stories by sending them creative snaps. Doing this will grab their attention and may get you featured in one of their future stories.
Snapchat brings authenticity to your followers so that they can better understand your brand from your point of view. It’s unique in comparison to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other social media platform. If you aren’t already using Snapchat, then you could be missing out on the opportunity to connect with your audience.